Red Bank Cumberland Presbyterian Church has nine ministry teams that work with the Pastor and Session to support the vision and the church’s core values. Every member of the church is encouraged to be a part of a ministry team either as a decision-making and working member, or as a supporter who seeks to help a ministry team or teams in their ministry efforts. These teams provide our members with opportunities to exercise the gifts and talents given to them by the Heavenly Father through His Holy Spirit. These teams also provide everyone the opportunity to be part of the ministry that they feel God has called them to.
This team consists of three Session members and is appointed by the Session in January of each year. Stated Clerk, when a Session member, will serve as chair. Otherwise, chairperson will be appointed by the Session.
- Recommends to the Session appropriate changes in the duties of the different ministries
- Coordinates filling the membership of the various ministry teams
- Recommends a nominating committee for the search and election of new elders each year
- Recommends to the Session appropriate actions for issues not meeting the criteria set forth for other ministries.
The Christian Education Committee will provide diverse opportunities for each member to strengthen their relationship with our Savior. This will be accomplished by building a knowledge of scripture and engaging in ways to continually apply the Word to each member’s lives.
- Oversee and consult on curriculum for Sunday School, VBS, Youth activities and other activities as needed
- Survey to determine interest in enrichment activities such as Sunday breakfast, Wednesday night activities, and small group meetings
- VBS planning
- Coordinate background check for anyone interacting with youth/children
Communications and Marketing
The Communication and Marketing Ministry Team will prayerfully, and by the leading of the Holy Spirit, help further the mission of the Red Bank Cumberland Presbyterian Church by enabling effective cross-communication between the church staff, the Session, Ministry Teams, and the congregation, and will help reach out to the community by providing materials, messaging and other support for the church’s ministries, programs, events, and other initiatives.
- Church branding and guidelines
- Social Media
- Banners, flyers, other outside communications and signage
Our Fellowship Ministry goal is to coordinate and plan church-wide activities for the spiritual growth and well being of the church, as well as promoting fellowship within the church and the community.
- Ensure proper supplies always stocked for kitchen needs
- Plan and oversee church-wide activities
- Ensure church-wide activities include all ages
The goal of the Missions Ministry team is to provide opportunities for our entire church family to share the love of Christ locally, regionally, and globally through education and hands-on projects.
- M – Mission of the RBCP Mission Ministry Team
- I – Investigate needs of church members, community, region, and global missions from Presbytery
- S – Search for new ideas to involve and interest all church members
- S – Service opportunities that require different skill sets and activity levels to accommodate all members
- I – Involve ALL members in sharing God’s love to others
- O – Opportunities available monthly, seasonally, and as needs arise
- N – NEVER CEASING availability for service opportunities for all RBCP members
Our Focus: We spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ by reaching out to others. We are called to serve Him and to serve others by visiting the sick and homebound, by welcoming visitors into our fellowship, and by ministering to their needs.
- Develop a process for contacting and communicating with visitors and prospective members
- Establish contact and visitation teams
- Minister to our shut-ins and homebound
- Encourage church to contact or visit sick, shut-ins, and homebound.
- Work with retirement centers and extended care facilities.
- Reach out to community through our schools and community organizations.
The focus of the Properties Ministry is to support the mission of the church by providing oversight of church activities related to maintenance, upkeep, new project planning and assistance to other ministries as needed.
- Ministry will meet regularly, communicate with the Session through the assigned Session representative, and provide written reports to the Session through the Representative.
- Ministry will prepare and submit budget requests for the each year in a timely manner.
- Ministry will communicate and coordinate with other Ministry Teams as appropriate.
- Ministry will see that the physical plants and grounds are maintained in a safe and attractive manner.
- Ministry will oversee any modifications to church property.
- Ministry will provide support necessary to implement programs conducted by other ministry teams.
- Ministry will provide guidance as requested in the purchase of major items of equipment for church use.
- Ministry will provide opportunities for members to become involved in the church through work days and other activities.
- Ministry will conduct reviews of the facility and grounds at least twice per year, reporting to Session regarding action required to correct deficiencies and for preventative maintenance, including cost estimates.
The focus of the Stewardship Ministry is to encourage the wise use of all
resources including time, talents, energy, and financial assets and to provide opportunities for utilizing those resources in order to effectively further the mission of the church.
- Ministry will meet regularly, communicate with the Session through the assigned Session Representative and provide written reports to the Session through the Representative.
- Ministry will prepare and submit a budget request for the upcoming year (beginning January 1) to the Stewardship Ministry by September 1 of the current year.
- Ministry will communicate and coordinate with other ministries as appropriate.
- Ministry will provide opportunities for identifying and utilizing resources through programs which assist individuals in that process, through the observance of November as Stewardship Month accenting resources throughout the month as well as facilitating the Stewardship Dinner and budget presentation.
- Ministry will encourage the use of resources by accentuating needs, results, and accomplishments.
- Ministry will facilitate the budget process by notifying ministries of submission deadline (September 1), compiling budget requests into a comprehensive proposed budget due for presentation to the Session for approval at the October Session Meeting, and distribution of approved budget to the congregation prior to the Stewardship Dinner.
- Ministry members will serve as alternates to Finance Committee when needed in the counting of offerings.
- Ministry will conduct an internal audit of church financial records by April 1.
The focus of the Worship Ministry Team is to provide a worship service that will be spiritually uplifting as well an intimate time with God for every individual attending our services.
- Ministry will meet regularly and communicate to the Session through the assigned Session Representative.
- Ministry will prepare and submit a budget request for the upcoming year to the Stewardship Ministry by September 1 of the current year.
- Ministry will communicate and coordinate with other ministries as appropriate.
- Ministry will utilize different elements of the worship service to provide opportunities for participation, such as music, special services, multimedia aids, and promotion of services.
- Ministry will provide leadership opportunities through lay leader participation, volunteer and staff musicians, ushers, acolytes, sound system operators, and special speakers.
- Miinistry will use the physical appearance of the Sanctuary (including decoration and liturgical elements) and multimedia aids to create an atmosphere for a true Worship experience.
While not an official ministry team, the Music ministry at RBCP provides additional opportunities for service. The choir, under the direction of Patricia Visage, brings our message in song each week. There are also seasonal cantatas and opportunities for specials. We practice each Wednesday evening at 7:45 p.m. Join us and lift up your voice to praise Him!